Subscriber Services
Subscriber Services
Weather
Complete Forecast
Search  Recent News  Archives  Web   for    


LISTINGS


 •Art
 •Clubs
 •Dining
 •Events
 •Movies
 •Music
 •Stage
 •TV


7-DAY ARCHIVE


 •Monday
 •Tuesday
 •Wednesday
 •Thursday
 •Friday
 •Saturday
 •Sunday

winstuff!
Win free movie passes and more

Back to Home > 


with Alex Friedrich






Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Day 6: Son of the Scottsman

I'm so stoked after the Scotch egg that I order its companion: Scotch meatballs.

They're of the same sausage that's in the egg. They're rolled into little balls -- I think you get four -- dipped into a batter and fried. (The batter is different from the coating on the Scotch egg.)

Not bad, but they're no Braveheart eggs.

I slather on more mayonnaise-based horseradish sauce.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Sandy said...

Tell me the truth, have you blown any chunks yet? If so, I hope you didn't have to do it in a port o pot. Ha!

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Dawn said...

I hope it was worth it!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Pioneer Press said...

No chunks -- at least yet.
Actually, I'm having a different problem. Delicately said, it's not losing the food that's the problem.

Not being able to get rid of it -- that's the problem.

So far, Dawn, it has been more than worth it. I plan to return to the Scotch egg if I have time. A real Fair gem.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Dawn said...

I will be out there on Monday. If it's a Fair Gem, then I will have to have one.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home