Subscriber Services
Subscriber Services
Weather
Complete Forecast
Search  Recent News  Archives  Web   for    


LISTINGS


 •Art
 •Clubs
 •Dining
 •Events
 •Movies
 •Music
 •Stage
 •TV


7-DAY ARCHIVE


 •Monday
 •Tuesday
 •Wednesday
 •Thursday
 •Friday
 •Saturday
 •Sunday

winstuff!
Win free movie passes and more

Back to Home > 


with Alex Friedrich






Thursday, August 31, 2006

Day 8: The Natural Way

Finally found the Veggie Kabobs, thanks to the Info booth.
The sign says "Veggie Fries," which makes me think they've sliced up veggies to look like French fries.
Heck, I've been passing the stand all week without even noticing it.

Anyone who likes vegetable tempura will like these kabobs.
They skewer slices of potato, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower, zuchinni and onion and then deep fry them in a light tempura-like batter.

(It's a corn-wheat batter, so it's not as light as the rice-based tempura batter, owner Kathy Rosenthal says. But it's the possibly the lightest batter I've encountered so far.)

I'm so stoked, I order two portions.

Now pipes -- get to work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruth James said...

Those kabobs sound delightful! I may need to try them out tonight, for dinner. Thank you for sharing your experience, it makes it very enticing for me to try them!
Ruth James | http://www.shannonco.com

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home