Subscriber Services
Subscriber Services
Weather
Complete Forecast
Search  Recent News  Archives  Web   for    


LISTINGS


 •Art
 •Clubs
 •Dining
 •Events
 •Movies
 •Music
 •Stage
 •TV


7-DAY ARCHIVE


 •Monday
 •Tuesday
 •Wednesday
 •Thursday
 •Friday
 •Saturday
 •Sunday

winstuff!
Win free movie passes and more

Back to Home > 


with Alex Friedrich






Tuesday, August 29, 2006


Eat the tails: April Guillaume of St. Paul digs the Buffalo sauce on the Cajun shrimp.

So sue me: Minneapolis attorney Andre LaMere thinks the Cajun steak is a little dry.


Day 6: My Dinner with Andre

I think I need to eat with attorneys more often.

I'm going Cajun with Andre LaMere, 31, along with his wife, Melanie, and a half-dozen of their friends. The menu: Cajun shrimp and blackened Cajun steak.

The shrimp are nicely done in a Buffalo/Tabasco-style sauce. They're served on a bed of white rice with bits of scallion and slice of lime. I eat the whole shrimp -- tail and all. (The tail is the best part. Just like popcorn.)

But I reject the rice and the bourgeois spork that comes with it. (For those who have never been to KFC, a spork is a hybrid spoon-fork utensil. It's actually a wonder tool. With it, you can kill a man and eat him, too.)

LaMere isn't impressed with the steak -- a bit dry, he says -- though I find it a nice change from the usual Fair mush. He's big on the shrimp, though, calling them the best thing he's had so far.

Lawyer that he is, he helps me consider loopholes to my rules:

Could I eat food served with toothpicks on the side?
Is the nub of a turkey leg considered a stick?
Is there such a thing as a pseudo-stick -- such as the stock at the bottom of an ear of corn?

It's definitely a legal gray area, though a "yes" to any of those would vastly improve my menu.

But should I even listen to him? Why should I trust the judgment of a man about to go see a concert by ... Poison?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andre is a wise man, you should listen to him!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Pioneer Press said...

True, true.
But will he end up billing me?

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the Pioneer Press budget for attorney's fees?

9:59 AM  
Blogger Pioneer Press said...

Probably lower than the budget for this blog.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Andre needs money for the new baby and to buy his best friend beer for concerts. Bloggers should always keep corporate attorneys on stand by.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home