Subscriber Services
Subscriber Services
Weather
Complete Forecast
Search  Recent News  Archives  Web   for    


LISTINGS


 •Art
 •Clubs
 •Dining
 •Events
 •Movies
 •Music
 •Stage
 •TV


7-DAY ARCHIVE


 •Monday
 •Tuesday
 •Wednesday
 •Thursday
 •Friday
 •Saturday
 •Sunday

winstuff!
Win free movie passes and more

Back to Home > 


with Alex Friedrich






Monday, August 28, 2006


No 10-second rule here: No, I'm not picking up the meatball that fell off my
stick. And no, I'm not using the fork.



Carbs be gone: Ellen Hanten does eat her own turkey tenderloin on occasion.


Day 5: Lunch

The Bacon-Wrapped Turkey Tenderloin says it all.
Another meaty, greaseless gem in a sea of battered foods.

Ellen Hanten of Hudson, owner of The World's Fare International Grill and Beer Garden, introduced this puppy four years ago during the South Beach Diet craze when certain carbs were a no-no. (How trendy is that?)

I follow that with meatballs on a stick, a five-ball concoction of seasoned pork, beef and BBQ sauce.

As I sit down after my meal to write, a father walks by with his little son.

"Get your finger out of your nose," he tells his kid.

The child is indignant.

"I'M NOT PICKING MY NOSE!" he yells as he jumps up and down.

Tasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home