Subscriber Services
Subscriber Services
Weather
Complete Forecast
Search  Recent News  Archives  Web   for    


LISTINGS


 •Art
 •Clubs
 •Dining
 •Events
 •Movies
 •Music
 •Stage
 •TV


7-DAY ARCHIVE


 •Monday
 •Tuesday
 •Wednesday
 •Thursday
 •Friday
 •Saturday
 •Sunday

winstuff!
Win free movie passes and more

Back to Home > 


with Alex Friedrich






Friday, September 01, 2006

Day 9: Sacrifice

I get up at 5:45 a.m. to meet a friend at the Fair by 6:30. She wants to visit before work.
Arrrgh, and I'm still clogged.
I haul myself from bed to car to Fair, where I immediately get coffee.

So we sit in one of the little diners, where she tucks into pancakes and coffee.
I just sip my java, unable to touch a bite.
No stick = No breakfast.

Go ahead and eat, I tell her. No problem. Really. Man of iron will, I am.
I stare at her pancakes -- just like that kid eyeing my cheesecake the other day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home