Subscriber Services
Subscriber Services
Weather
Complete Forecast
Search  Recent News  Archives  Web   for    


LISTINGS


 •Art
 •Clubs
 •Dining
 •Events
 •Movies
 •Music
 •Stage
 •TV


7-DAY ARCHIVE


 •Monday
 •Tuesday
 •Wednesday
 •Thursday
 •Friday
 •Saturday
 •Sunday

winstuff!
Win free movie passes and more

Back to Home > 


with Alex Friedrich






Monday, September 04, 2006

Don't come 'round here no more: JD's Eating Establishment serves nothing on a stick.

Day 12: Well, pardon me

I stopped in my tracks when I passed by J.D.'s Eating Establishment.

"Nothin' on a Stick!" its front sign proclaimed.

Pure marketing schtick, I figured.

But I still felt unwelcome.

Stopped by Schumacher's New Prague Hotel for its Central European version of the pork chop. It's big, it's juicy, and it's boneless, with a stronger pork flavor than the charbroiled version to the south. If you're looking for less outdoor grill flavor and something more lightly roasted, this is it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alex --
i'm just curious -- what are you going to eat tomorrow? when you can use utensils and plates. when you'll have fewer limitations than stick-based food?
(margaret -- )

5:57 PM  
Blogger Pioneer Press said...

I've already bought a big fruit salad, lettuce, tomatoes and whole-grain bread.

But I've developed a sudden craving for a Pronto Pup.....

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home