Subscriber Services
Subscriber Services
Weather
Complete Forecast
Search  Recent News  Archives  Web   for    


LISTINGS


 •Art
 •Clubs
 •Dining
 •Events
 •Movies
 •Music
 •Stage
 •TV


7-DAY ARCHIVE


 •Monday
 •Tuesday
 •Wednesday
 •Thursday
 •Friday
 •Saturday
 •Sunday

winstuff!
Win free movie passes and more

Back to Home > 


with Alex Friedrich






Friday, September 01, 2006

I'll start by eating your eyeballs: My Sponge Bob ice treat

Day 9: Evening cravings

I've had some odd mini-binges at night.

Last night on the way home -- despite the cajun sausage I'd just had --
I started getting some jittery craving for food.
First I ate a wild-rice-and-beef corndog. (Bits of rice are in the meat, and it seems a little
sweeter than the usual dog, but other than that it's just a corn dog.)
Then I had a pizza on a stick. (It's more like a pizza pocket, with melted cheese and
sausage on the inside. Not bad. And it's BAKED. Served with parmesan cheese and
crushed red pepper on the side.)
I finished it off with a Sponge Bob Fruit-Punch-and-Cotton-Candy-Flavored Ice -- with gumballs for eyes.
Best part of the night.

Tonight, after a late-afternoon snack that filled me up, I pigged out on four dogs -- two corn dogs, a Pronto Pup and a Poncho Dog.
It was all in the space of an hour or so.
Just wanted to compare the tastes.
More on that later.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read the article about fair food & found this -
"Deep-fried chocolate chip cookies-on-a-stick (Axel's, southeast corner, outside the Food Building; $4 for six) These cookies are baked, flash-frozen, dipped in batter and then deep-fried. Strangely, they're hot and chewy, like they came straight out of the oven. Mine didn't come on a stick, but the server offered me one when I asked about it."

Since they'll put them on a stick for you you can have them. I had one & it was delicious.
They also sell them 2 for $2 but since the paper is footing your bill you should get the 6.

You previously wondered what was considered a stick -
turkey or chicken drumSstick = stick
Assorted types of meat sticks (like Slim Jims)= stick
Samples served on a toothpick = stick
Food served with a toothpick that you must spear yourself = not a stick

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention the fabulous company you kept during said dogs.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Pioneer Press said...

Please tell my boss about your stick theories.
He won't listen to me.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home