Subscriber Services
Subscriber Services
Weather
Complete Forecast
Search  Recent News  Archives  Web   for    


LISTINGS


 •Art
 •Clubs
 •Dining
 •Events
 •Movies
 •Music
 •Stage
 •TV


7-DAY ARCHIVE


 •Monday
 •Tuesday
 •Wednesday
 •Thursday
 •Friday
 •Saturday
 •Sunday

winstuff!
Win free movie passes and more

Back to Home > 


with Alex Friedrich






Monday, September 04, 2006

Perfect morning: Slurping on a mocha and a reading the paper


Day 12: The Last Supper(s)

It's coming down to the wire. Only a few items left, though I'll need to do some hunting to find the last -- frozen grapes, pork shishkabobs, a naked hotdog on a stick. I've already found that about a handful of items on my media list aren't actually being offered, and I've stumbled on others that weren't on the list.

I've got a Minnesota Public Radio interview today, so please check it out. I'll be interviewed at 1 p.m., though I'm not sure when it will actually air.

I start the day off with a mocha on a stick over at that great coffee place, The Bean Factory. I read the paper as I do it in an attempt to look educated and stylish.

The mocha bar is heads above its plain coffee cousin. It's actually ice cream, and has just the right amount of sweetness and chocolate flavor. Thumbs up.

In my dash to eat everything, I head to The Lamb Shoppe. I'd rather wait till later in the day to eat lamb -- Ugh, lamb in the morning? -- but it's close, and the clock is ticking.

It's actually quite good. I get seven or eight chunks of moist, mild lamb (kabob-style) with mint jelly on the side. It's new this year, and not on the media list.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frozen grapes are in the food bldg at a place that sells just veggie/fruit stuff - I think...
Good luck.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Pioneer Press said...

Thanks a lot.
They sound good right now.....

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Sandy said...

I'm glad to see you holding a copy of the Pioneer Press ;)

3:51 PM  
Blogger Pioneer Press said...

Gotta have my news fix!

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home